Move entire material in material graph

Started by Eric Summers, December 13, 2018, 12:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

When working with multi-materials in the material graph, it would be nice to be able to move an entire material by just moving the root node. Perhaps a right click option to select all connected nodes.
With a graph like this, it isn't the easiest to track all the nodes for one material to select them and move. Because I've been duplicating one material to create the others, I have to click the align nodes option so the newly duplicated material isn't on top of the original. I like having a little space between each material - this is a little too chaotic  :P

A little add-on wish: have the option to have an invisible grid of snap points for the nodes to snap to for organizing.

Esben Oxholm

mattjgerard

Will Gibbons

DMerz III

:) another +1

And also, if you could 'collapse' groups of nodes, that would be cool too.

mattjgerard

Quote from: DMerz III on March 05, 2019, 04:12:28 PM

Especially for multi-materials, just have the nodes that are in the active material shown? That would be fantastic.

Eric Summers

Quote from: mattjgerard on March 06, 2019, 05:46:20 AM
Quote from: DMerz III on March 05, 2019, 04:12:28 PM

Especially for multi-materials, just have the nodes that are in the active material shown? That would be fantastic.

That really would be fantastic! I have to add a +1 to what both of you said.

INNEO_MWo

maybe all the related nodes of the not-active materials of the multi-mat can presented in a dimmed style, just like all nodes if a preview is activated.