Industrial Design Implements Render

Started by bharris, December 18, 2018, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharris

Five common industrial design implements. I modeled the Wacom pen myself, the others were found online.

mattjgerard

Great collection of objects. I have 3/5 of those on my desk. Different model of the wacom pen though. Are those all rendered at the same time in that layout or did you render them separately? I'm attempting to dissect the lighting layout in my head.

I do notice though, that in my browser the image is a bit soft until I clicked on it to see it at 100%. It did not get larger but sharpened up quite a bit.

bharris

They're all rendered together with an HDR studio environment. I also added a pin or two for highlights.

The image could probably be a bit less post-processed/Image styled.

RRIS

Got those as well, except my pens are cheapo fineliners and Bic's and everything's covered in a thin layer of grime and dried up marker ink :D
Nice job on the lighting and materials!

Serhan Yenilmez

My 47 years of life in a can :D Great concept and execution

bharris

Revised the scene a bit, much happier with this one.

feher

Nice work. I really like your first image.
The second one is good too I like the lighting but for me the it's a little too clean. This is why I like the first one more.
At any case they are keepers in my book.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Will Gibbons

I agree with Tim, I think somewhere between these two images lies the 'just right' image. But if you're done exploring this scene, I say it's a nice study!