Main Menu

My Gorilla

Started by steven tetlow, December 29, 2018, 01:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steven tetlow

My ZBrush Gorilla sculpt and KeyShot render. I had a lot of fun creating this Gorilla!

KeyShot

That looks great. How complex is this model?

puyopuyo

Awesome model and rendering- the skin material looks very cool! The fur is perfect- can you explain how it was created?

steven tetlow

Quote from: puyopuyo on December 30, 2018, 07:41:28 AM
Awesome model and rendering- the skin material looks very cool! The fur is perfect- can you explain how it was created?
Thank you. I did a lot of experimenting with the fiber mesh before arriving at one i liked. used several different fur lengths and directions to get a natural feel. I used KeySot human skin for the fur and gorilla skin. I altered color and properties differently to get the look and feel I wanted for both.

steven tetlow

Quote from: KeyShot on December 29, 2018, 04:39:47 PM
That looks great. How complex is this model? Thank you. It is a heavy mesh model. The fiber mesh fur was created using many different lengths and fur directions. It used many different sub tools.

feher

Steve,
You know how I feel about your latest work. Thanks for sharing it with me and giving me a sneak peek. :)
I absolutely love this ! The second image is the one.
Great work with the modeling, materials and lighting.
It's a keeper in my book.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Tim

Saskia

just wow!

Happy New Year

steven tetlow

Quote from: KeyShot on December 29, 2018, 04:39:47 PM
That looks great. How complex is this model? Thank you..I guess the model is somewhat complex its a heavy mesh about 78 million total points. it is made up of about 30 subtools. the fiber mesh fur tales up a lot of those subtools. was pretty detailed with having several different fur lengths, flow and direction. I did this to try to achieve a natural realistic look.

Doug Didia

steven tetlow

Will Gibbons

My goodness! These are amazing! The lighting looks great, not to mention the model.

steven tetlow

Thanks Will for the kind words much appreciated.