Main Menu

Pepsi Generation

Started by Ed, September 02, 2011, 12:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

I modeled in MoI.  Backplate in Photoshop.  Post using some adjustment with curves.

Ed

slyer

Jeff Hayden

Love it Ed. Great work with such a simple subject.

feher

Love it. Very nice ED.
It's a keeper in my book.
Tim

ada

PhilippeV8

I don't know but is there in Photoshop some filter which does edge-blur ?  This might help to "anti alias" the contour of your subject.

Other than that ... good render !

Ed

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  This was really a Nurbs modeling exercise - the render is the easy part.  Philippe - good catch.  It looks like the edges got over sharpened during my post work.  Here's a better image:

Ed

EGON

PhilippeV8

It's those details that we trip over ... but other people would probably never even notice ;)

Good job on the edit !  I've got no coments anymore now =)

feher

Second image is very nice. I feel it needs a touch of brightness on the cap. I like the brightness of the cap in the first one, but like the background on the second.
At any case these are great renders !
Ether one is a keeper in my book.
Tim

Ed

I agree Tim - the environment intensity should be a little higher. 

Maybe KeyShot needs a histogram display to show any over-exposed (clipped) areas to help with setting intensity.  Or, I could get my eyes re-calibrated :)

Ed

jaimedc

Exquisite work, I love it. UV maps used for the colors of the cover? I'm doing a can of tuna that has similar colors to the top of pepsi, and I'm interested to know what materials to use to give the brightness.
Excuse my question, but I'm a newbie...:)

Ed

Jaimedc -

The bottle cap material is based on the brushed metal material.  I created a label (decal) for this material from a straight on photo of an actual Pepsi bottle cap, copied using a round selection tool, and saved as a transparent png. The png photo is applied as a label within KeyShot's material editor.  Size, move and rotate as needed to fit the model.

The brightness of the cap is set with the Intensity slider on the material's Label tab.

The reflections in the Pepsi bottle cap are coming from the HDRI environment I selected.

Ed

jaimedc

Ed, thank you very much for answering my question. Sure this will help me in what I'm working ... Thanks again.