Aquarium Lighting Fixture

Started by chippwalters, September 05, 2011, 07:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chippwalters

Here's a design of a light fixture I created this weekend. Not sure why the water refracts so much in the top picture. I used the exact settings as in the Wine glass scene file.

Of bigger concern is the fact I need to use a 20 ray bounce setting to render this properly, but there's not an easy way to set that for the real-time render (use real-time render checkbox in render setting), as it doesn't automatically use whatever is set in the Realtime tab in the Options window-- as I assumed it would. Is there a way to force this?

BTW, why is realtime spelled differently in one window versus the other?

I was able to force this by turning off real-time, then configuring the NON realtime render to use 20 bounces, then start a small render and then interrupt it, then check 'use real-time render' with the Custom preset and start rendering. Is this the correct workflow?

jaimedc

I like the model, but the water gives the appearance gelatinous think should play some more with the values

chippwalters

What is it that makes the water look 'gelatinous' ? I'm using the standard IOR values. How would I make the tank "LIGHT UP"?

PhilippeV8

I'd say .. (no expert on this though) ... your water has too much color ... maybe rendering with a dark background with an emissive material plane underneath your lamp .. might give a cool effect.
No idea though how to get ridd of that weird bend in your render.