[RESOLVED] Camera setting vs resolution settings

Started by designgestalt, January 24, 2019, 01:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

designgestalt

there is something, that I don´t understand or does not seem logical to me and maybe someone can help me out :

I had a ski to render, standing upright in 1to1 !
Because I did not want to render a lot of space around it (I had a ground plane etc. so it was not just rendering a plain white background and would have consumed some unnecessary time), I set the Image resolution to 250px x 910px.
I set up the camera and saved and locked it!
than I had to do some more work on the skis (importing new geometry etc...)
sine the image resolution was not very helpful for this, I thought I save the resolution as a custom preset, than chnged the resolution to a standard portrait (1080x1920), made my changes, than changed back to my custom resolution and chose my locked camera, but the ski was now further away, not fitting the image anymore !
Why ?
cluelessly,
designgestalt

Will Gibbons

Hi, sorry you had this issue. Based upon what you have said, I do not know why that would happen. Without seeing it happen, I can't with any certainty offer a solution. If you followed those steps exactly, I don't think anything would have changed. My only assumption is that you accidentally moved something without knowing it.

Just wanted to point out something based on what you said below... rendering out pure color pixels like 100% white or black should not take long and add to render time. However, if you add a ground plane, that may as it interacts with the scene such as reflections, illumination, shadows, etc. So, in the future, I do not recommend adding ground planes if your top priority is speeding up a rendering.

Quote from: designgestalt on January 24, 2019, 01:05:19 AM
Because I did not want to render a lot of space around it (I had a ground plane etc. so it was not just rendering a plain white background and would have consumed some unnecessary time)

designgestalt

hello Will,
thanks for your response...
would you be willing to take a look at my file to check?
I am pretty sure I did it to the best of my knowledge, but it would be great to have a second thought!
I would not want to post it in the forum, but would send it to you personally, if this is ok.
thanks a lot in advance !!
designgestalt

Will Gibbons

Quote from: designgestalt on January 29, 2019, 07:28:32 AM
hello Will,
thanks for your response...
would you be willing to take a look at my file to check?
I am pretty sure I did it to the best of my knowledge, but it would be great to have a second thought!
I would not want to post it in the forum, but would send it to you personally, if this is ok.
thanks a lot in advance !!
designgestalt

Sorry, I did not see this until now. That said, you could send me a download link. You can send a personal message to me on the forum here.

TiewBall