Network Card Issues

Started by seamus000, September 11, 2011, 02:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seamus000

Hi i have installed the Trial version onto my Intel i5 Windows 7 computer, when trying to activate get message, "could not access network card, try saving a request file instead"   when trying to save this file get a message "could not create licence request"

help!!!

my network card is turned on so not too sure what to do

thanks

guest84672

Make sure your ethernet card is turned on, not just your wireless card.

seamus000

thanks, managed to get it working by plugging ethernet cable into laptop from router. however i have to maintian this cable connection every time i want to import a new file, any way to change it so can utilise wireless access???

JeffM

Some systems have a bios setting that turns off the ethernet card when it is not connected to anything. You can take a look in your bios to see if you have a setting like this, and disable it.

MBellis

I am having the same problem. I have plugged a ethernet cable from my tower to the router but that didn't work. I can't find where to change the network in the bios.
Is there any other way of doing it?
I asked keyshot support about this and they replied with this:

KeyShot is tied to one of your network adapters. Please make sure all are enabled. Is the one you normally use unplugged? You don't need a internet connection, just anything to enable your network adapter.

Not that up to speed on computers so i'm not exactly sure how to fix it

Any help would be great!

guest84672