Using Scattering medium to mimic a flow animation

Started by JasonM1972, January 30, 2019, 02:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonM1972

Hi there

first post of the new year, hope all you Key shooters are having a good one so far.

I have been asked to include a particle flow in my animation for a presentation and was wondering if this could be done with the new Scattering medium feature (bubbles/spots coming from outgoing port into annulus) , I thought the abstract animation would give me the effect I was looking for but after watching the webinar I don't think this will work.

Is there another way that this could be achievable or do I need to import something from 3DS max instead?

Kind Regards

Jason

KeyShot

It would be tricky to get the bubbles to move along with your flow. In particular if it is not linear. You could possibly write a python script that controls the location of the bubbles and adds the geometry based on the frame of the animation.

Assuming this could be supported. How would you feed the information to KeyShot that would enable bubbles to move with the flow?

mattjgerard

Simple question, can the flakes/bubbles properties be animated? If not then you are looking at an outside solution. Lots of options out there for doing that sort of thing, I have done lots of stuff like that with Cinema 4d Thinking particles and some with x-particles.

JasonM1972

Quote from: mattjgerard on January 30, 2019, 07:24:06 AM
Simple question, can the flakes/bubbles properties be animated? If not then you are looking at an outside solution. Lots of options out there for doing that sort of thing, I have done lots of stuff like that with Cinema 4d Thinking particles and some with x-particles.

My options for outside solution are Blender and 3DS Max. I couldn't get blender to do what I wanted, just because of the complex body and position that I was expecting the flow to pass through. I have a friend looking at the 3DS max scenario as I'm a bit of a novice on this program and time isn't on my side just now. :)