sRGB issue ........ (still going on?)

Started by rembem, February 07, 2019, 11:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rembem

Is this problem already solved? I saw that people had this problem already two years ago. Within Philips we do a lot of product rendering using KeyShot and using scanned materials (AxF files) but still have a colour difference between KeyShot and Photoshop (both using the sRGB profile).
Maybe this is something they need to focus on at Luxion .......... (why don't have other render programs this problem!)

Furniture_Guy

Just so I better understand the issue you're having, is KeyShot 'changing' the colors you have already adjusted in Photoshop? I'm not trying to disparage your knowledge but lacking any kind of 'color engine' like Adobe products, KeyShot is merely working and rendering in sRGB. Even though it would be fabulous if KeyShot had a color engine to interpret color profiles, I think Luxion's limited resources would be better put to use elsewhere. A color profile only defines colors within an image. I apologize up front if you already all know this, I'm just trying to get some background. Make sure your Photoshop setup is accurate so you're editing colors true to sRGB and at the same time is displaying them.

http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1315593&seqNum=2

Checkout the KeyShot Quick Tip 'Color Management', it might assist in setting up your Photoshop so that your color editing remains true when brought into KeyShot. 

Perry (Furniture_Guy) and ex printer

rembem

When both programs are using the same color profile, the visual should look the same on screen ....

Furniture_Guy

If it were only that simple... Good luck.

DMerz III

Just curious, if you go to the assign profile in Photoshop menu, are you assigning the sRGB there?

Also, apologies if you have posted this already, but is there any way you can share a screenshot of your differences?

DMerz III

So I did a test on my machine just to see what would happen.

On the left is Keyshot. I am using a plastic shader with some roughness, that's it.

In photographic mode. My raw render is on the right and opened in Photoshop, no color management assigned (so using the default sRGB profile).

I haven't gone in and color picked these, but they look very close to me.

Hope you do find out why it might be different for you.

Edit; Also did the same test in Default image style, and still, exact result. I am using Product mode on these btw. Haven't tested Interior.

Furniture_Guy

DMerz III,

Excellent... Bruce Fraser would be proud:

http://www.photoshophalloffame.com/bruce-fraser

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

DMerz III

Quote from: Furniture_Guy on February 14, 2019, 06:19:08 AM
DMerz III,

Excellent... Bruce Fraser would be proud:

http://www.photoshophalloffame.com/bruce-fraser

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

Thanks, Perry! Although, I hope OP can figure out what isn't working. It is a frustrating problem if you're encountering it. Maybe RemBem is talking about Photoshop TO Keyshot and not the other way around? Perhaps artwork isn't importing properly? That's a different problem for sure.

Bruno F

Since there have been no replies or updates to this post for more than two weeks, it's been locked.
You may open a new post for additional assistance.

Post closed by Luxion Support Team