Main Menu

Porsche 911 Singer

Started by JimmyToTheBe, February 08, 2019, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyToTheBe

Got into some more vehicle render practise today with this awesome model Szymon Kubicki.
Find it here:https://www.behance.net/gallery/73717745/911-by-Singer-3D-modeling-(free-model)

Being playing around with model a couple times but finally decided to get it racing down a road. Looks far better!

Esben Oxholm

Looks nice, Jimmy!
Great touch adding in a driver :)

And nice find on the model. It's pretty cool. Might have a go at it sometime.

/Edit:
Would be cool if you turned that shot into a looping animation!

/2nd Edit:
Be careful about your flare overlays. Looks like you need to make sure the background of them is 100% black (you can do it quickly with a levels adjustment).
Otherwise you get that faintly visible square that you can see at the moment. I guess you are using screen blending mode?

eltece

This is so clean! I love it!

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on February 08, 2019, 11:19:15 AM
Looks nice, Jimmy!
Great touch adding in a driver :)

And nice find on the model. It's pretty cool. Might have a go at it sometime.

/Edit:
Would be cool if you turned that shot into a looping animation!

/2nd Edit:
Be careful about your flare overlays. Looks like you need to make sure the background of them is 100% black (you can do it quickly with a levels adjustment).
Otherwise you get that faintly visible square that you can see at the moment. I guess you are using screen blending mode?

Thanks Esben!
Ah god damnit.. you know what I couldn't even notice the square on my screen at work. It must have terrible colour resolution. But now I notice it on my iPhone. I'm going to have to sort this out asap. Thanks for the keen eyes on this image.

I would be up for doing the animation but I might need let the render run over night

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on February 10, 2019, 02:08:25 PM
Thanks Esben!
Ah god damnit.. you know what I couldn't even notice the square on my screen at work. It must have terrible colour resolution. But now I notice it on my iPhone. I'm going to have to sort this out asap. Thanks for the keen eyes on this image.

I would be up for doing the animation but I might need let the render run over night

Yeah, sounds like that monitor needs some calibration :)
Well, animations take a long time to output, that is for sure. I'm looking forward to see it if you do it.
Cheers,

Zeltronic

Interesting light :) a glass is missing on one of the headligh near the turn signal  ;)

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on February 11, 2019, 12:40:40 AM
Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on February 10, 2019, 02:08:25 PM
Thanks Esben!

Yeah, sounds like that monitor needs some calibration :)
Well, animations take a long time to output, that is for sure. I'm looking forward to see it if you do it.
Cheers,

Ok error all sorted. Thanks for the tip on the levels adjustment.

QuoteInteresting light :) a glass is missing on one of the headligh near the turn signal  ;)

I checked the model but the geometry for the light was visible. So just a trick of the light so I adjusted it a little more in photoshop to lighten it up. See below...

Zeltronic

QuoteInteresting light :) a glass is missing on one of the headligh near the turn signal  ;)

I checked the model but the geometry for the light was visible. So just a trick of the light so I adjusted it a little more in photoshop to lighten it up. See below...
[/quote]

it looks better right now ;)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Looks great Jimmy! As Esben mentioned, great touch with the driver. I think you managed to tune him in just right. I've been battling some render people the last week, and that ain't easy!

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on February 12, 2019, 07:54:41 AM
Looks great Jimmy! As Esben mentioned, great touch with the driver. I think you managed to tune him in just right. I've been battling some render people the last week, and that ain't easy!

Thanks Magnus! Hard to find the right person to put in sometimes. I could not have a driverless Porsche going at this speed  ;D