Labels not showing at distance and certain angles

Started by d.j.vaughan, February 08, 2019, 05:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d.j.vaughan

Windows 10, KeyShot 8, SolidWorks 2017

I recently upgraded from KS 6 to KS 8. I started updating some files. The label I am having issues with had a button to update to the new node, so i did. Now it disappears when i back the camera out to get a wide shot, and it happens at even closer distances when im at more of a straight on angle. I have the object set to emmisive and the label is a .png made in illustrator. Im trying to show a touchscreen control panel. I've tried it as a label and as a color texture and both. I've tried to play around with the type of label it is and the lighting. It worked fine in KS 6 and I'm wishing i didn't update the node. is there a trick to make this work?

p.s. the verification process at the bottom of these things is garbage. took me way to long to register. ive been having to use the audio

Francisco

Hello d.j.vaughan,

Would you be able to share the file with us so that we can take a look at it and see if we can reproduce it on our end? Can you send a KSP file? 

*To save a KSP file:*

• Open your scene
  • Go to *File > Save Package*
  • Name your file

Please Make sure to include the following in the message field for your file upload: https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/transfers
Send the email to support@luxion.com

Quote from: d.j.vaughan on February 08, 2019, 05:38:19 PM
Windows 10, KeyShot 8, SolidWorks 2017

I recently upgraded from KS 6 to KS 8. I started updating some files. The label I am having issues with had a button to update to the new node, so i did. Now it disappears when i back the camera out to get a wide shot, and it happens at even closer distances when im at more of a straight on angle. I have the object set to emmisive and the label is a .png made in illustrator. Im trying to show a touchscreen control panel. I've tried it as a label and as a color texture and both. I've tried to play around with the type of label it is and the lighting. It worked fine in KS 6 and I'm wishing i didn't update the node. is there a trick to make this work?

p.s. the verification process at the bottom of these things is garbage. took me way to long to register. ive been having to use the audio

Francisco

There have been no replies to this post for more than two weeks, therefore, it has been locked.
If you still need help please open a new post.

• Post closed by Luxion Support Team