Lighting for 360 product Spins.

Started by eggieweg, March 25, 2019, 08:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggieweg

Hey all,

Somewhat new to keyshot and have been tasked with developing 360 product photography. Was wondering if anyone has had experience with developing lighting or HDRI that is consistent throughout each shot in a 360 spin. A couple of thing to note is that this will be broken down in to 24 shots and the product is a polished chrome material, so highlights and reflections are key. Any information that can point me in the right direction would be much appreciated. Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: eggieweg on March 25, 2019, 08:28:04 AM
Hey all,

Somewhat new to keyshot and have been tasked with developing 360 product photography. Was wondering if anyone has had experience with developing lighting or HDRI that is consistent throughout each shot in a 360 spin. A couple of thing to note is that this will be broken down in to 24 shots and the product is a polished chrome material, so highlights and reflections are key. Any information that can point me in the right direction would be much appreciated. Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

If I understand you correctly, you're asking about how to make an HDRI with your camera? Last time I checked, you have two options. 1) You can go old-school and use a special tripod head that allows you to rotate your camera in intervals to get consistent angles. It's up to you to adjust the exposure/metering. This is a very time-consuming process because you need to stitch together lots of photos at lots of exposures. 2) You can just use a 360 camera which comes with software to do all the metering and stitching for you. The lenses will capture the full 360 panorama. The top suggestions for these cameras are: https://theta360.com/en/ https://shop.gopro.com/cameras/fusion/CHDHZ-103.html

Hope this helps. If somehow I've completely misinterpreted the question, forgive me.