Keyshot 8 deletes subgroups in scene tree

Started by theAVator, March 29, 2019, 11:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

In my model I'm splitting some of the parts from one giant group into smaller groups so I can work with them and animate them.

I create my subgroups and save my file. If I close my file and open it back up, any empty subgroup is deleted. Why?

KS 8.2.80
Win 10

Francisco

Hello theAVator,

Can you try to take that file and import into KeyShot even if the file is a bip? After you import and you make a couple of small changes to your groups would you be able to save and then open to see if subgroups weren't deleted? If they have would you be able to send us screenshots of before and after the changes? Also, would you be able to send us the file so that we can try to reproduce this on our end?

The files and screenshots can be sent to support@luxion.com using our link here https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/.

Quote from: theAVator on March 29, 2019, 11:48:37 AM
In my model I'm splitting some of the parts from one giant group into smaller groups so I can work with them and animate them.

I create my subgroups and save my file. If I close my file and open it back up, any empty subgroup is deleted. Why?

KS 8.2.80
Win 10

Francisco

Hello theAVator,

There have been no replies to this post for more than two weeks, therefore, it has been locked.
If you still need help please open a new post.

• Post closed by Luxion Support Team