PLANT AND FLOWER

Started by Gabik87, April 01, 2019, 06:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabik87

Hi everyone,
There are some of you who know how to create flowers or plants for pots.
or if there are websites with plant models ready to insert them into Keyshot?

thanks in advance for your reply.

Gabik

RRIS

Gabik87

thanks so much, but ther's also texture inside the file, or I've to made them?! Because I don't know how I put texture for plant.
Thanks

Quote from: RRIS on April 01, 2019, 08:19:16 AM
https://3dsky.org/3dmodels/category/plants?style=all&order=free

Kind of a mixed bag, but plenty of free offerings...

RRIS

Most of the times there should be a texture yeah.

It's just a matter of going into the material editor, selecting the diffuse/bump textures that belongs to the model and setting the mapping type to UV.

If you have problems adding textures to your materials in general I suggest you check out some of the training videos on the Keyshot website, or youtube.

Gabik87

Thanks so much, it's really easy to put texture in this way! and the result it's perfect, more than of what I expected.
For about opacity map I put only the texture or I've to put some option in the material?
Because if I put it in opacity, the material become transparent, but meaby the effect for real plant it's for reflection effect?

Thanks in advance for your replay.
Best

Quote from: RRIS on April 02, 2019, 12:01:35 AM

It's just a matter of going into the material editor, selecting the diffuse/bump textures that belongs to the model and setting the mapping type to UV.

If you have problems adding textures to your materials in general I suggest you check out some of the training videos on the Keyshot website, or youtube.

RRIS

Quote from: Gabik87 on April 02, 2019, 07:21:13 AM
For about opacity map I put only the texture or I've to put some option in the material?
Because if I put it in opacity, the material become transparent, but meaby the effect for real plant it's for reflection effect?

Are you sure the texture actually an opacity map? Check the file name, because black and white maps can be anything (bump, specular, displacement, etc.). A good artist preparing 3D models for other users will name their textures so that a user such as you can understand where to put which texture.

Also, if your geometry (for example for a leaf) is a rectangle, then you will need an opacity map. If the leaves are modeled, then you don't actually need an opacity map and your texture is more likely a specular or bump map.

Gabik87

Dear RRIS,
Why this morning, when I turn on my computer and I open my file with plants bring on web site the textures have disappeared?
I had to save the file in some specific way?

Thanks

Quote from: RRIS on April 02, 2019, 07:28:38 AM
Quote from: Gabik87 on April 02, 2019, 07:21:13 AM

Are you sure the texture actually an opacity map? Check the file name, because black and white maps can be anything (bump, specular, displacement, etc.). A good artist preparing 3D models for other users will name their textures so that a user such as you can understand where to put which texture.

Also, if your geometry (for example for a leaf) is a rectangle, then you will need an opacity map. If the leaves are modeled, then you don't actually need an opacity map and your texture is more likely a specular or bump map.

RRIS

Hm, no idea.. I always save my textures, models, keyshot scenes in the same project folder.

project/keyshot/scene.bip
project/keyshot/textures/texture.png
project/keyshot/imports/model.obj

etc.

So it's always easy to re-link textures.

doit4later

Quote from: RRIS on April 02, 2019, 12:01:35 AM

Good effort nice work