Main Menu

Home Office Desk

Started by JackNicholas, April 10, 2019, 07:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackNicholas

Self-teaching myself how to render interior spaces for work. Any advice as long as it is constructive is much appreciated. Happy Rendering :)

Paul Lang

great start, iMac screen is missing. Try adding rounded edges to your geometry, noting in real life has complete sharp corners so this will help make it more natural looking. Also try increasing shadow quality and sample time to allow the smooth surfaces to be less blotchy.

cheers,

P.

JackNicholas

Thank you Paul, I will take your comments on board and adjust them tomorrow

Thank you for the feedback

Magnus Skogsfjord

There is a bit of work to be done on the tessellation part of it (you can see the polygons quite clearly on the chair legs), and the textures could use a little love here and there. This is usually a case of taking the time to address each part of the scene. To be more efficient, I usually hide everything but the part I'm adjusting, then unhide it to see how it fits in the general picture.

That said, I do think you've managed to make a pretty damn nice mood here! I love the subtle gradient light-to-dark atmosphere.

JackNicholas

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 16, 2019, 01:54:00 AM
There is a bit of work to be done on the tessellation part of it (you can see the polygons quite clearly on the chair legs), and the textures could use a little love here and there. This is usually a case of taking the time to address each part of the scene. To be more efficient, I usually hide everything but the part I'm adjusting, then unhide it to see how it fits in the general picture.

That said, I do think you've managed to make a pretty damn nice mood here! I love the subtle gradient light-to-dark atmosphere.

Thank you Magnus, I feel like i struggle with the textures because I do not have access to the material editor in my current level. I will take it on board and hopefully persuade my boss to upgrade us to the next version which has the editor and displacment maps etc

Thanks again!

Jack

Magnus Skogsfjord

QuoteThank you Magnus, I feel like i struggle with the textures because I do not have access to the material editor in my current level. I will take it on board and hopefully persuade my boss to upgrade us to the next version which has the editor and displacment maps etc

You can also benefit from taking a month or two of subscription at poliigon.com or similar high-quality texture vendors to get yourself a nice starter kit of high res textures. That would maybe be my first choice, especially if you struggle getting the thumbs up for an upgrade.

JackNicholas

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 16, 2019, 03:36:15 AM
QuoteThank you Magnus, I feel like i struggle with the textures because I do not have access to the material editor in my current level. I will take it on board and hopefully persuade my boss to upgrade us to the next version which has the editor and displacment maps etc

You can also benefit from taking a month or two of subscription at poliigon.com or similar high-quality texture vendors to get yourself a nice starter kit of high res textures. That would maybe be my first choice, especially if you struggle getting the thumbs up for an upgrade.

Ok perfect, thank you for the suggestion I will try work my magic!