Network render not not using 100% CPU

Started by mattjgerard, April 10, 2019, 09:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

What are some of the factors that would prevent a render node form not using 100% CPU? It is well stocked 32 core HP Z8, and it rips through some renders, but I'm watching it try to chew through some simple product renders with 2-3 simple materials and a label. Maxes out at 75% but bounces between 15-50%  on some of them. Then it will slam to 100% then drop down.

I Just watched my render this way, the next one in the cue was from my co-worker, and hers is running at 100%, so the node is running fine, and it WILL run full bore, just not for certain renders.

I know of the factors that cause a longer render, but not anything that would cause the machine to run at less than 100%

Drives are empty
RAM is fine
Temps are fine

Just noticed hers dropped to 20-55% too, so its not just mine.

DriesV

Hey Matt,

What settings are you rendering with?
Are you using Interior Mode by any chance?

Dries

mattjgerard

Quote from: DriesV on April 10, 2019, 10:23:58 AM
Hey Matt,

What settings are you rendering with?
Are you using Interior Mode by any chance?

Dries

I am rendering with the Experimental Product mode, and all default settings at Max Samples set to 200. Coworker uses the standard product mode.

I am trying to narrow down which images are being effected, and what materials might be common to them. We use the same HDRI 90% of the time to light our products, and doesn't seem tied to which HDRI we use.

DriesV

If you can share the scene, then we can have a look on our NR setup in the office.
It would be good to also mention the resolution you are rendering at.
You can send data securely via our WeTransfer. Send to dries-at-luxion-dot-com.

Dries