[RESOLVED] Cannot Connect To License Server

Started by JOFARRELL, April 12, 2019, 03:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOFARRELL

I was told to save before it logged me out, and now it's saying cannot connect to the license server on all of the computers in my office. I've restarted my computer and the server - Wondering if this is a Keyshot issue or a server issue?

Francisco

Hello jackofarrell93

It seems like you are having issues getting your license activated and not letting it connect to the license server. Would you be able to send license@luxion.com a request file so that we can try and help you get activated?

1. Start KeyShot and select "Activate your license" from the registration wizard.
Note: If you are currently in "demo" mode, then open the registration wizard from Help (PC) or KeyShot (Mac) > Register License.
2. Enter your information and click *Continue.*
3. Enter your serial code.
4. Click _Save request file_ and send that file to us as an attachment.

Quote from: jackofarrell93@gmail.com on April 12, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
I was told to save before it logged me out, and now it's saying cannot connect to the license server on all of the computers in my office. I've restarted my computer and the server - Wondering if this is a Keyshot issue or a server issue?

Francisco

I can see that you are having trouble saving BIP/KSP files. There are a couple of things that you can try:

• Your anti-virus might be blocking the saving of the file:
    If you have an anti-virus or anti-malware please make sure that it is not blocking the .bip file extension. We have found recently that the Dharma ransomware saves their encrypted file as a .bip and as a result, some anti-viruses block those files.

The only way to test this would be to turn off your anti-virus and try to save the file.

• If you have a floating license and the first two steps did not fix this issue for you or if they do not apply, then we can try to set you up with a node-locked license. In the past, temporarily swapping license types fixed this issue for other customers.
How to set up a temporary node-locked license of KeyShot:

• Start KeyShot and select "Activate your license" from the registration wizard.
  • Note: If you are currently in "demo" mode, then open the registration wizard from Help (PC) or KeyShot (Mac) > Register License.
  • Enter your information and click Continue.
  • When it asks for the request file please enter LUXI-ONKE-YSHO-TTES-TING.
  • Click Save request file and send that file to us as an attachment to license@luxion.com.
Once we receive the request file from you, we will be able to generate your license and will send you a license file with instructions on how to set it up.