Ford Mustang RTR Formula Drift spec (updated with more smoke XD)

Started by SergioBL, April 21, 2019, 11:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergioBL

It is been a while since I posted something here!!

This is the #25 Ford Mustang RTR that Vaughn Gittin JR uses to compete in the Formula Drift, it is a beast!!! If you wonder what does RTR mean. believe or not it is Ready To Rock!!

Hope you like the renders and as always, your comments are highly appreciated!!!

Data setup: 3ds Max
Render solution: Keyshot

Cheers!!!
Sergio Loza

Magnus Skogsfjord

That smoke is delicious. Scattering medium - VDB texture?

SergioBL

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 22, 2019, 04:11:12 AM
That smoke is delicious. Scattering medium - VDB texture?
Thanks for your comment  :D
"Delicious"   xD you just made my day!! Yes sir, VDB file

TGS808

I've seen a lot of of really, really great automotive renderings here but these are by far some of my favorites. Top five for sure. Not only does the car look fantastic but the colors are super. Love those green LEDs on the front. The tire materials are for certain some of the most convincing I've seen. They look like real used rubber tires! It's the final one that really takes the cake though. The feeling of motion and speed are really there. It's a still but you'd swear it's moving. And as another mentioned, that VDB smoke cloud is awesome!

SergioBL

Quote from: TGS808 on April 24, 2019, 10:02:26 AM
I've seen a lot of of really, really great automotive renderings here but these are by far some of my favorites. Top five for sure. Not only does the car look fantastic but the colors are super. Love those green LEDs on the front. The tire materials are for certain some of the most convincing I've seen. They look like real used rubber tires! It's the final one that really takes the cake though. The feeling of motion and speed are really there. It's a still but you'd swear it's moving. And as another mentioned, that VDB smoke cloud is awesome!

Thank you so much! Glad you liked it! :)

Jota Automotive

Dude the drift shot is insane, do you know any tutorials to achieve something like that? I usually do smoke in post in Photoshop but it's very tedious work.

SergioBL

Quote from: Jota Automotive on April 24, 2019, 11:18:01 PM
Dude the drift shot is insane, do you know any tutorials to achieve something like that? I usually do smoke in post in Photoshop but it's very tedious work.

Thanks man!! I been through that, trying to achieve a good smoke in Ps is possible but very tedious as you said, now with Keyshot 8 you can render volumetrics, and you just need to play with the Scattering medium material, you would need a VDB file and some CPU juice  ;D.

I learnt a lot from this Keyshot webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK0OmSdEfWE&t=2252s
Also you need to visit Esben Oxholm's channel, It is a must to understand better Keyshot stuff!!

If you need something my door is always open :)

Öner

realy amazing shot, specialy drift one.

Zeltronic

SergioBL

Josh3D

Been a while indeed. Can't believe I missed this! SO GOOD, Sergio.

SergioBL

Quote from: Josh3D on May 01, 2019, 06:37:28 AM
Been a while indeed. Can't believe I missed this! SO GOOD, Sergio.

Many thanks Josh!!!  :)

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

That last shot's looking great! Absolutely love that!

SergioBL

Thanks a lot for your comments guys!! I decided to revisit the scene and add more smoke since our friend Sebas Gomez on Instagram noticed the smoke coming just from one rear tire  ;D

Here is the result  :D
Sergio Loza

Will Gibbons

I love how much color you have going on here. And nice work going for an action shot with smoke. Not easy, I'm sure.