[KNOWN ISSUE] All edited objects deleted on startup

Started by Lars, May 02, 2019, 12:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars

Hello!
I have an object file which I tried to use in Keyshot. When I imported it, keeping individual parts, they ended up slightly distorted.

Then I imported the whole thing as one object and then edited the geometry instead and split it into perfect little individual objects.

Now Keyshot doesn't seem to recognise them when I open the file. I just get a long list of errors saying "Invalid id [552587740] specified for lux_object_from_id" "Invalid id 552587740 specified for instance" and then "Removing empty instance "bars"". It basically removes all the objects and there's nothing left but ground plane and cameras etc.

Literally hours of work seem lost. Does anyone know how to retain these objects?
Or is the geometry editor in Keyshot not advisable to use?

Cheers

mattjgerard

I use the geometry editor all the time, and very useful it is. I would email support and include all your computer information, OS, keyshot version and a test file and send it to them, as they will ask for it anyway in order to replicate your issue.

Bruno F

Hello Lars,

It sounds like something went wrong when editing your geometry. We have received a couple similar reports in the past, but have not found the root cause. I would suggest saving a couple versions of the BIP file each time you use the geometry editor. If you are able to reproduce this error consistently, we would love to get the CAD file. You can send it to support@luxion.com along with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue.

Bruno F

Additional comments on this topic have been disabled due to inactivity. For help with a similar issue, please create a new thread.

Thank You,
Luxion Support Team