NR 8.2.98 Interior mode and Region render bug

Started by DMerz III, June 03, 2019, 08:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMerz III

Posted this in the Network Rendering board, but no response there or by email from support, so putting this here for you to see Bruno!  ;)

1. Computer make and specs: (we have tried this on more than 1 machine, same result, but I'll fill out mine here).
Windows 10
NVidia P5000
XEON 2687W v4
2. Keyshot 8.2.80 local machine/ NR is 8.2.98 (Master, Slaves, Monitor)

4. Step-by-Step instructions to re-create the issue you are seeing.
For example:
Open KeyShot Scene (any scene)
Go to lighting tab
Select Interior Mode
Turn on Region Render - select a region
Go to Render Tab
Make sure Region render is on
Add job to queue using Max Samples
Send Job to Network

NR 8.2.98 - the latest update

I've tested this problem on different machines and completely different network rendering farms both local and cloud service, so it is definitely a bug within the update.

Region render does not render the region set in the application when using Interior Mode. It will render a region elsewhere in the image. (see attachment). I have tested this on a local machine render and the result is not erroneous. This seems to be a bug specifically for Network Rendering 8.2.98 and ONLY when using Interior mode with region render.

I have tried this with multiple files on multiple workstations, so I know it is a bug within the NR application.

Bruno F

Hello David,

Thank you for posting this topic.

I'll go ahead and forward to our QA team to investigate. In the meantime, you can revert back to 8.2.80. Links shown below.

KeyShot NR v8.2.80 (Windows)
KeyShot NR v8.2.80 (Mac)

To receive support on the Forum, you may post your questions on the boards within the "Support" category. Luxion Support monitors these "Support" boards regularly. Also, please PM me your email address to track down your original support case to support@luxion.com.

Thanks again!