Main Menu

ring

Started by raapane007, September 25, 2011, 09:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raapane007

white gold ring with rubys and diamonds.

Zander85

fario

very nice, but a little bit too clean.

Antoine

Ed

Nice lighting.  Crisp, sharp render.  I would just crop the image to concentrate on the rings.

Ed

guest84672

raapane007

Thanks guys,

I tried to render it in white background but i can't understand why my diamonds going black inside.
any ideas?

guest84672

What did you do - hide the environment?

raapane007

no i just change color of background box. i think i didn't hide environment.

guest84672

Still seems strange - how many ray bounces do you have set? Also, is detailed indirect illumination set? Both are located in the the realtime tab.

raapane007

i had ray bounce 14 and indirect illumination was off. but how much gamma and brightness i have to put?

guest84672

Ok - indirect illumination needs to be on. Gamma - I suggest you increase it. You decide. Hey, it's interactive ;-). You will see when enough is enough ....

Zander85

The keyshot webinar on rendering jewelry suggests setting the gamma to anywhere between 1.8-2.2  ;)

Arnaud

Quote from: Zander85The keyshot webinar on rendering jewelry suggests setting the gamma to anywhere between 1.8-2.2 
Depends a lot from the HDR !

Zander85

Yes, but that was what they suggested for using with the Jewelry Soft Box Light Studio HDRI. It goes without saying that you need to tweek to make it work for your scene. I just wanted to help him get in the right ball park first.