Crashing when Rendering? Please Help

Started by taffyb, September 27, 2011, 03:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taffyb

Hi all,

I'm having some problems when rendering in Keyshot.

When I press render the render display screen appears, the initial pixelleted view creates & then once the image begins to render from the centre outwards it crashes & simply displays a box saying "keyshot.exe has stopped working".  Sometimes it will solve a few pixels, but doesn't usually reach more than 1-2%.

It then automatically tries to look for a solution (standard windows procedure) & then tells me "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program & notify you if a solution is available."

I'm trying to do a render of size 1280x847, in TIFF format, without Alpha channels, & using the default "Good" quality settings - apart from the Ray Bounces which I've increased to 12 (required by model). - Display at the top of the image reads - 1471MB, 12cpus & 80.5 secs.

I have checked that the output folder of the render has write access as does all the other folders referenced by Keyshot (most are on desktop or standard location as determined by the software).

I have updated to the latest of Keyshot 64 & I have reinstalled the package, with no improvement.

I do not get any obvious indicators as to why this is happening, the computer performance does sit at 100% on all 12 as expected but instantly drops when it crashes.

The size of the file keyshot file is 857MB & its made up of using Catia V19 models - some of which do have some complex surfaces within (automotive render).

I have no other programs running on the computer at the time & am only using 3.77GB of Ram which is less than a quarter available.

Could anyone please advise me as to what I can do to fix the issue as I'm at a loss & struggling to think of solutions with deadlines close around the corner.

Thanks all,

Brent

guest84672

Can you contact support so we can look into this?

Thanks!

Thomas

minghao0303

I got the same issue " out of memory" after upgraded to keyshot2, even keyshot3 demo. I also tested on high performance (32bit and 64bit) PC, it has the same problems. One thing confused me, I test the same CAD file on the old hypershot and keyshot 1.9 version, It was very quick, and no problem at all. Does anyone know the answer?