Started by crazer, July 08, 2019, 01:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazer

Hi guys,
Some interior rendering tests

crazer

Night render

kiarash.tamizkar

hi dear crazer, did you use render passes?

crazer

Quote from: kiarash.tamizkar on July 08, 2019, 05:40:49 AM
hi dear crazer, did you use render passes?
nope, it's raw render image

kiarash.tamizkar

i asked it because i saw some burn spots in your renders and they ruined you final renders

crazer

Quote from: kiarash.tamizkar on July 09, 2019, 01:06:35 AM
i asked it because i saw some burn spots in your renders and they ruined you final renders
Unfortunatly i see. I think it's ruined from the beginning, there are big lighting problems and some materials that don't make me crazy

mattjgerard

I personally don't mind the blown out areas, it happens in real life. Not sure why people are so scared of blown our highlights when its natural sometime? If it happens in keyshot in the raw render and it looks OK, then fine, or if it happens in photoshop during post processing either way its OK. I understand trying to capture every detail in every shadow and highlight to provide more flexibility in post, though. I've been the camera tech for a RED based production house for the better part of 10 years, so I understand raw and log codecs being optimized for post production work. I like these images, the contrast is deep and rich.

crazer

Quote from: mattjgerard on July 09, 2019, 09:48:14 AM
I personally don't mind the blown out areas, it happens in real life. Not sure why people are so scared of blown our highlights when its natural sometime? If it happens in keyshot in the raw render and it looks OK, then fine, or if it happens in photoshop during post processing either way its OK. I understand trying to capture every detail in every shadow and highlight to provide more flexibility in post, though. I've been the camera tech for a RED based production house for the better part of 10 years, so I understand raw and log codecs being optimized for post production work. I like these images, the contrast is deep and rich.
Thank you, you're so kind :)
I try to not post product my render. I know it will become better but i prefer to show what the software calculate. If there are some problems i try to fix the problem in keyshot and not in photoshop. I like the hight contrast in render but sometimes I exaggerate XD