Large Scale Rendering

Started by jennieelectrix, July 09, 2019, 02:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennieelectrix

Hi
Wondering if anyone can help me out.
I'm rendering a product scene for an exhibition board and can't seem to get rid of pixelation.
The final image once printed will be roughly 64" x 29" - what would be the optimum render settings to ensure I get the best quality possible?
I also have to do some post-render editing in Photoshop so advice on saving that out for large scale printing would be great as well.

Eugen Fetsch

For prints like this a 150 dpi setting should be enough. Even 50 dpi could do the job. It depends on the distance you'll look from.

Distance:
1m - 100 dpi
2m - 50 dpi
5m - 20 dpi

Best quality possible is also dependent on the printing technology. Maybe it is better to discuss it with your printing supplier.

jennieelectrix

Thanks for replying.

I need the board to catch people's eye from a distance but also be as clear as possible close up.

The stand is being built by an outsourced company and I'm not sure if they print it themselves or send it away - it would be featured on a light box if that's any help?

Will rendering it as a massive image on KeyShot make any difference at all?

Eugen Fetsch

No, it will not make any difference. A Canon 5D Mrak III has a max resolution of 5.760 x 3.840 and you can see huge billboards printed with images made by this camera. You can go beyond but it will be recalculated in the production anyway.
Nobody would print a billboard in 300 dpi - it would be a waste of paint.