Main Menu

A try at iPhone X

Started by ShubhamShah, July 09, 2019, 11:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShubhamShah

Hello everyone!  :)
Trying my hand at the iPhone X model.
I could manage most of the model but got stuck in the flashlight in the camera module. I have gone through a lot of references but still couldn't understand how do I replicate the material. Can someone please help me with that?
Also, the composition looks a bit empty to me. Can I know what can I do to make it look better?
Thank you in advance.

ShubhamShah

Can someone please help me with the flash light material?

TGS808

What exactly is it about the flash that is giving you trouble? The last image you posted doesn't seem far off.

ShubhamShah

Quote from: TGS808 on July 20, 2019, 03:44:18 PM
What exactly is it about the flash that is giving you trouble? The last image you posted doesn't seem far off.
I'm not able to get the materials correct. The last image is to show the problem

TGS808

I understand that the last image was to show the problem but maybe I'm looking at the wrong area.  If you're referring to the flash in the center, it looks fairly accurate compared to images of the X that I see in a google search. What about it are you not happy with? Where is the problem?

ShubhamShah

Referring to the flash light in this image, my render lacks the concentric reflections. Also, there is some sort of darkness(greater black value) in terms of the yellow and orange colour of the flash plus there are 4 black dots that are visible in the flash.

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: ShubhamShah on July 21, 2019, 08:09:32 PM
Referring to the flash light in this image, my render lacks the concentric reflections. Also, there is some sort of darkness(greater black value) in terms of the yellow and orange colour of the flash plus there are 4 black dots that are visible in the flash.

Thanks for sharing Shubham. The images look fairly decent to me. If you want to take it one step further or improve the label that you may have on the camera lenses and flash. I would slightly increase the brightness and contrast to the flash label image. This should take away the black dots.

The camera lenses may just  need a small colour adjustment. You can do this by adding in a colour adjustment in the material editor.

Hope this helps?

ShubhamShah

Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on August 01, 2019, 02:52:14 AM

Thanks for sharing Shubham. The images look fairly decent to me. If you want to take it one step further or improve the label that you may have on the camera lenses and flash. I would slightly increase the brightness and contrast to the flash label image. This should take away the black dots.

The camera lenses may just  need a small colour adjustment. You can do this by adding in a colour adjustment in the material editor.

Hope this helps?

Thank you very much for the tip. I'll try these and let you know the results.

Dinah_DR

Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on August 01, 2019, 02:52:14 AM
Referring to the flash light in this image, kroger feedback my render lacks the concentric reflections. Also, there is some sort of darkness(greater black value) in terms of the yellow and orange colour of the flash plus there are 4 black dots that are visible in the flash.

Hope this helps?

Very informative and useful article for beginners!