False frames with Cutaway material

Started by germannick, July 24, 2019, 03:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

germannick

I am aware that fade animations are not supported with cutaway materials  but in my case the material is note faded, transparent and surfaces are not co-planar. Nonetheless I get false frames when I animate my product. Interestingly, this apears only in ever second frame. I could rendere everything in 60frames per second and delete every second images, but that does not make any sense.
Any hints and clues to solve this?
BTW, I am running the latest KS Version

Bruno F

Hello Germannick,

Thank you for submitting your post. To better assist you, I'll need to gather additional information.

1. Are you rendering locally on your machine or over KeyShot Network Rendering?

2. Which lighting mode did you select for rendering (Project > Lighting): Product or Interior?

3. Do the circled objects in your screenshot contain surfaces that may be z-fighting with other objects?

For now can try increasing the anti-aliasing value under Render > Render > Options > Custom Control and test by rendering a short animation clip at a lower resolution.

In my experience, the best way to troubleshoot inconsistent frame output is to isolate the problem areas by hiding all other geometry first. You can then run a few tests/renders. Each render should test one variable at a time: material type, lighting settings, and render method. Until, finally, you get the desired output.

germannick

Hi Bruno,

Hello Germannick,

I am rendering locally Xeon Gold 6140 CPU @ 2.30GHz with my lighting preset set at product. I tried interior too but the caustics threw it off.
The dark surfaces inside the red circles do not interfere with another surface. As soon as I move the cut away material, those surfaces increase/decrease accordingly

Bruno F

Hello germannick,

Thank you for trying that. If you are still experiencing issues, I suggest sending us the KSP (File > Save Package) to support@luxion.com. We can open it up and try to figure out what is happening.