Main Menu

VW touareg

Started by nurbs28, September 30, 2011, 06:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nurbs28

15 min setup in keyshot with about another 10 min in HDR light studio and 40 min render time back in keyshot.

guest84672

Nice, but a bit dark. I suggest you play with the Gamma in the realtime tab, and then kick back the brightness of the environment just a tad.

nurbs28

Quote from: Thomas Teger on October 01, 2011, 06:16:37 AM
Nice, but a bit dark. I suggest you play with the Gamma in the realtime tab, and then kick back the brightness of the environment just a tad.
it's not really dark on my screen.

elliasp

I think we have the same screen because Thomas always think my images are too dark  ;)

Anyway, your image is a good start, if I can give you some tips :

- Your headlights are not made with glass in reality, it's transparent platic (it's why you have this glass deformation) : use your own transparent plastic instead, like in reality.

"Don't try to create what you think reality is, but create reality". And reality is headlight are always transparent plastic.

- ad some reflection to your tyres, and very blurred (or rugosity, that's the same)

- and to make Thomas happy, try to work with your HDRI and do some rotations to light all your car (you will be able to make it darker in some parts later on photoshop)

Hope it helps :-)

+++
F

guest84672

I am looking at it on a MB Pro screen ... so it may very well be that it is darker. But no matter what, you are loosing a lot of definition in the darker areas I think. But then again, it could also be your "style".