Main Menu

Alfa Mito Version 2

Started by feher, October 01, 2011, 03:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

We are our worst critic. I rarley like anything I do. This image is no exception.
Mirko needed some help with a Alfa Mito he was working on. I offered to help, I did an image for him showing how we need to push the lighting make the vehicle feel heavy...etc I also explain we need to make backgrounds that support the main focus no take it away. Well, I was looking at what I did for him and I hate to say it I feel it was all wrong. The only thing I did right was make the vehicle feel heavy.
This is my second attempt at the Alfa Mito vehicle. I have a before and after image along with a final.
HDRLightStudio for lighting.
Keyshot for rendering
Photoshop for post.
Enjoy
Tim

furo

tire sidewall bump is just crazy, it's too hard, seems too deep.. I have no other criticism, I like the result.. everything else looks really great!

Jeff Hayden

Love it Tim. Excellent tutorial on setting up a well defined image. As always we appreciate your posts.

elliasp

Nice images !

What is the HDRI you used for this render ?...

+++
F

furo

I assume he made his own HDRi as he wrote in the first post that he is using HDR Light Studio

feher

Thanks guys ! Furo I didn't even notice the deep sidewalls...opps.
F
I used HDRLightStudio to create the dome. I used the plug in for Keyshot with it.
Tim

Zander85

I agree with the tire side walls. Also I think you could use some more darks in the side of that door there. Great work keep touching it up! You've almost got it.

Josh3D

Indeed, really appreciate posts like this Tim. Always nice to see the process behind the awesomeness!

Seggy

I think it's prefect... the artistic backdrop really lifts it... I have seen you use a few like that and it makes it less sterile. Nice shot.

Io

Great composition, here is my critique...but it's not necessary =)

feher

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions.
I listen and re did this image again. I tweeked the dome fixed the area IO brought to my attention.
This is a great example of really pushing your image to the edge. It's the little things that add up.
I hope you enjoy this. I'M NOT DOING AGAIN....lol
Tim

feher

OK, I tweeked some color one more time. I promiss no more tweeking.  ;) I added a hint of blue to push the background back. Left some yellow on the side of vehicle in the highlight area to bring it foward.
Tim

Ed

Nice!  The lighting really brings out every feature.  Looks ready for a magazine.

Ed

PhilippeV8

Thnx for setting the render standard even higher ... now we're even more reluctant and scared to post ours !!  >:(

;) :D

Soon we will request a separate section in this forum called "Shots", so that we 2 can post our stuff :p :D

guest84672