Main Menu

Recent Renderings

Started by richardfunnell, August 30, 2019, 04:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardfunnell

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long, long time since I've posted any work, and wanted to share a few images that I made in the last few months.
I started freelancing on my own in April, and since then have been super fortunate to pick up some great clients and fun projects. Once I get the green light to share work, I'll add some here. Looking forward to the start of Eurobike 2019 in a few days to show some really cool stuff!

First up was a beautiful model from Szymon Kubicki, you can download the file yourself here: https://www.behance.net/kubicki3d
I rendered a lot of images, but these were my favorites.
The studio scene was lit primarily with the HDRI editor, and a small area light behind the vehicle to add a subtle glow. I tried to get as much seamless lighting to help illustrate the surfacing on the model. Really great forms.
The road scene was lit with a sunset HDRI, the road was modeled in SketchUp and I added Poliigon textures. Motion blur rendered in KS for the wheels & road.
The wheel was for a look development test for a client, adding the AO & shadow passes in post really helps add a lot of depth to these images. Of course, an incredibly detailed model gives a huge advantage as well :)

Questions, C&C welcome, just wanted to share!

TGS808

Nice stuff Richard! I've said it before but it's great to see you back here. What would be even better is if you were able to do some videos for Luxion again. I always got a lot out of your webinars.

Kico

Sweetest rubber I've ever seen !
Thanks for sharing

jogeshocp

Outstanding photography editing task and perfect shot. Decent and clear photos.

richardfunnell

Thanks so much TGS, I really appreciate it! What kind of instructional videos are you looking for? Even if I'm not the one who ends up making them, it's always good to know what people are looking to learn about :)

richardfunnell

Quote from: Kico on September 03, 2019, 02:27:38 AM
Sweetest rubber I've ever seen !
Thanks for sharing

Quote from: jogeshocp on September 03, 2019, 03:18:42 AM
Outstanding photography editing task and perfect shot. Decent and clear photos.

Thank you! Trying to keep things clean :)

NM-92

Quote from: TGS808 on August 31, 2019, 01:28:42 PM
Nice stuff Richard! I've said it before but it's great to see you back here. What would be even better is if you were able to do some videos for Luxion again. I always got a lot out of your webinars.

Hi. You should check out Will Gibbons upcoming tutotials. I think they are called Material Graph Mondays or sth like that. Not at home right now to search the link, but it should be an easy find.

mattjgerard

Quote from: NM-92 on September 03, 2019, 04:16:38 PM
Hi. You should check out Will Gibbons upcoming tutotials. I think they are called Material Graph Mondays or sth like that. Not at home right now to search the link, but it should be an easy find.

Got his newsletter the other day, here is the link-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Ig62FObCA

I've saved it to watch during lunch today, so no spoilers!

NM-92

Quote from: mattjgerard on September 04, 2019, 05:43:34 AM
Quote from: NM-92 on September 03, 2019, 04:16:38 PM

Got his newsletter the other day, here is the link-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Ig62FObCA

I've saved it to watch during lunch today, so no spoilers!

Exactly, that one! Thanks for the share.