Network Rendering Webservice - /delete/jobid

Started by ahoerl, September 21, 2019, 02:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahoerl

We are using network rendering in our company. Unfortunately there is no /delete & jobid exposed.
If we do a lot of batch renderings during the night (grayscale, toon shader, fast) the network rendering breaks.

If we just delete the folders on the Network Rendering Master clients still show the old ids - and after getting slow the batch render breaks.
I hope that this function will find it's way into the network rendering REST soon - because at the moment we are not able to do overnight jobs.

We always need a person who manually cleans the monitor queue...

Andreas Hoerl
PROLICHT GmbH
https://prolicht.at
AUSTRIA

Morten Kristensen

Thank you for the feedback, Andreas.

When you say it breaks, what does that mean exactly? The Manager, Monitor, Workers, or RESTful service? Could you provide us with log files?
The idea is sound with respect to deleting jobs via the RESTful service but that requires authentication on top of it, which is why it has not been done yet. It is certainly something we will look into.

Thanks.

ahoerl

Hi Morten!

It breaks means:
The "Completed" portion of the Network Monitor gets huge. If I start the script in the evening and come back in the morning Keyshot has crashed.
The Network Monitor has between 1200 and 1500 "completed" jobs inside. It becomes unresponsive - that leads to the fact, that Keyshot is unable to submit more jobs (= crash).
I tried to delete the jobs on the server filesystem (but this does not refresh the network monitor, I would have to quit and restart the Network Monitor).

I do understand the authenticaiton argument.
Two (dirty) suggestions:

• /refresh (I would delete the completed jobs on the master server via script and force a monitor refresh without restarting the network monitor)
  • some sort of "insecure=true" config parameter which has to be set manually and allows a deletion without authentication

I am pretty sure, that we are not the only company with that requirement.
I do not have log files - but you understood my issue already.

Thanks from Austria

Andy

Morten Kristensen

Thanks for the clarification. Our QA team will do some tests with that many jobs.
Could you DM me your log files anyway? It would help in diagnosing the crash.
So KeyShot is crashing but not Network Rendering Monitor or Manager?

Authentication would be a must have and through TLS.

Thanks!