Main Menu

lac

Started by fario, October 05, 2011, 02:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fario

Hello,

a first test with a scene quite ... heavy.

Antoine

guest84672

great - what modeling software did you use to model the plants?

fario

PhilippeV8

Nice scene :)

I think the water needs 2 B a lot darker.
Either darken the ground color or use tinted water are my sugestions for this.

Also, did you add a bumpmap to the water ?

fario

yes, better :)

PhilippeV8

Now try this with a dark green/brown/blue texture instead of just dark brown.  Remember, in a pond like this you got algy all over the place which gives a green color.

fario

much better  :)

fario

this file : 250 MB

is this a normal weight?, not too heavy for Keyshot?

and more than 2 hours to render image with 12 ray bounces.

guest84672

Great image. 2M polygons is nothing. Plus, render times don't depend on the size of the model, but the complexity of the scene - materials used etc.

fario

thanks  :)

ok compris.

Antoine

PhilippeV8

Good improvements !!

Now if you take a smoother bump map for the water and add an environement with blue sky ... it's gonna look perfect :D

fario

I have, I think, what you propose

?

w.wolf

Nice improvement ...
I'm a beginner but do you need a 12 ray bounces for a scene like this?

guest84672

Yes - because of the water. This is the beauty about realtime raytracing. Just move the ray bounce slider in realtime until you don't see any changes. That's when you know you have enough ray bounces.

w.wolf

Thanks for the reply Thomas ...
I know that (not that much of a beginner), I just never tried water affect ... my question should have been, does using the bump map for water require a higher ray bounces value? otherwise I get good results with no more that 6 for something similar
Sorry Antoine for doing this on your thread, I like what you've done to the scene and looking forward for the final version ...