need help with rendering glass

Started by kyng, September 26, 2019, 11:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyng

Hello, I am having a problem rendering glass material and I need help . I have a product I need to apply glass material . I render it with alpha tranparency checked and choose PNG for the file format . When I open it in photoshop and apply a different background color, I don't get the transparency on the glass and it looks keeps the same background color I have in KS when I render as you can see from the photos. Am I missing something ?

kyng

Hi, the link you sent me is an old post back in 2013! I think with the new KS version it can do the transparent background . I did it and it worked . I don't remember how I did it . Unfortunately the laptop I had my KS installed got damaged and I am not able to use KS from that laptop to see what settings I used .

INNEO_MWo

Only the solid glass material renders a true alpha channel wich can be set in the material parameter.

The search here should give you certain results, 'cause it's discussed a few times.

Cheers
Marco

PS: written in short form on a mobile

kyng

INNEO_MWo

Then try glass with refraction checked on.

kyng

This is what I have . It doesn't have a box to check or uncheck .

INNEO_MWo

Hey, no prob.

Just change the material type from glass (solid) to glass and you'll see that checkbox.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Marco

PS: written in short form on a mobile device

kyng

Hi Marco, Yes I did it ! Thanks so much .

INNEO_MWo