[RESOLVED] Creating Material BIG PROBLEM.

Started by Power971, October 09, 2019, 11:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Power971

Hello to all my fellow Keyshot users.

I work on Keyshot 8.1.58.0 with Rinoceros 5 model.

I created a material with color, depht and specular maps using Photoshop and integrated them in Keyshot. Everything seemed OK.
The next day I went back to this work and as you can see on the capture below, this happens.
EVERYTIME I intervene on the said material the list lenthens. And I have to set it all again at every new work lauched EVEN THOUGH the materials are displayed in the library I save them in (surrounded in the capture).

This is a very urgent and imperative work, helping me on this would save my life. I can't thank you enought for your help.

theAVator

If its super time sensitive, try contacting Luxion support directly, they'll help you faster than in the forum most times.

One thing you can try is fix all of your materials, then Export a Keyshot Package (.ksp). Then import the package back into a blank scene and see if the materials come in properly. When you save a package it bundles all the materials with it, whereas saving a normal .bip does not. It does take a little longer than a normal save, but might help. Worth a shot anyways.

Also make sure that your textures and stuff are in a folder that Keyshot has mapped in your preferences. Not sure if this will make a difference, but won't hurt to try.

Power971

Quote from: theAVator on October 10, 2019, 06:25:31 AM
If its super time sensitive, try contacting Luxion support directly, they'll help you faster than in the forum most times.

One thing you can try is fix all of your materials, then Export a Keyshot Package (.ksp). Then import the package back into a blank scene and see if the materials come in properly. When you save a package it bundles all the materials with it, whereas saving a normal .bip does not. It does take a little longer than a normal save, but might help. Worth a shot anyways.

Also make sure that your textures and stuff are in a folder that Keyshot has mapped in your preferences. Not sure if this will make a difference, but won't hurt to try.
I didn't think of the support, thanks a lot! I will try your technique.

EDIT : Everything seems to work OK like nothing happenned. Well Thanks a lot for your precious help, maybe opening .ksp fixed it!

Justin A

Thank you for the feedback,

I have seen this before and one of the best ways to have this not happen is to import the texture files directly in to the KeyShot texture file
Once you do this KeyShot will always recognize the material
to do this all you will have to do is drag and drop the texture sheet in to the texture tab

Let me know if this works out for you.

Thanks,
Justin
Luxion support

Justin A

Due to inactivity on this post it will be set to RESOLVED and closed. If you are still having the same issues please open a new thread on the forum or contact us direct at Support@luxion.com

Thank you