Keyshot VR - Graphic Card Memory

Started by Mario Stockinger, October 11, 2019, 03:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario Stockinger

I wanted to know how the avaiable Graphic card memory has an impact for the max polygons Keyshot VR can handle.

We have a Geforce RTX 2070 Super in our main Keyshot Workstation and we did some tests with smaller and bigger models ; With Textures and some models "raw" after Import from Cinema4D....
With some Models keyshot VR strugles to load them, one of them are a few silos (Old KS6 Bip File saved in KS8) with high res tesselation; It starts loading and when its in the final step (Calculating Signet distance fields)  keyshot VR is working a few minutes and then closes without any message. In Task Manager the used GPU RAM is not more than 50 % ; The PC has 128GB Ram ; 2 Socket System with 2 Xeons, 28Cores + 28 Cores HT on a Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

INNEO_MWo

Hello Mario.

A KeyVR scene is limited to 100m. Just reduce some parts. Start with one model set and lock everything. Reduce the resolution of the textures and start with one environment. Delete the inner objects and the inner surfaces of the silo.

If this works, you can add more and more parts into the scene.
Even KeyVR enables a crash report.

Pause the KeyShot scene if running in background.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Marco

Mario Stockinger

Ok So 100m is the hardcap correct ?

If so good to know so i can optimize / split the scene into different layers.

INNEO_MWo

Yeah, 100 meter was the limit on KeyVR 8. Claus told me.
And I think it wasn't changed in KeyVR 9. Seems so, as I tested it last time I used a client scene of an entire wind turbine.

Jesper Mosegaard

Hi Mario

We don't have a hard limit on the number of polygons. Please share, if possible, the model that crashes KeyVR with support@luxion.com

That said, staying below 10 million is definitely recommended, although I have seen customers who were happy with 40 million (ran well because not all polygons were visible at all times). I personally aim for 2-3 million for excellent framerates.

There is a limit on visibility - a cap on how far you can see from you current vantage point. This is currently 100 meters as far as I remember.

Regards. Jesper
Director of Products
Luxion

Mario Stockinger

My biggest KS Model of one of the production facilitys we have build has more than 250million polygons...

I splitted the project in different parts, about 50mill polygons each.
Maybe my boss allows me to send you a file for testing.

Keyshot VR is very nice and working well but for our production plant models there could be a few improvements regarding the 3D Movement and navigation.