Animation Rendering Question

Started by HaroldL, October 15, 2019, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaroldL

At my work, where we have KS7 installed, I set up an 40 second animation with a Fade at the beginning from 0 to 100 and at the end from 100 to 0.
I have a short rotation on one part to preposition it for the anim and have the work area starting just after the rotation anim at the half second mark at frame 31 and used render the Work Area for the Time Range setting.

When I started the render the anim the first frame (frame31) had the part in full view at 100%. Only when it started to render frame 2 was the part faded out as it should have been on the first frame.
I left it to render over night and will see tomorrow if in fact that first frame is faded out or not. In the meantime does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

theAVator

Can you post a pic of the timeline? (can sub in some dummy parts and replicate the animations if you can't show your actual work).

My first thought is that you didn't mention performing an original 100 to 0 fade on the part that you are fading in. So at frame 31 the part you're fading in is technically starting at 100 then immediately fading down to 0, then performing the rest of your fade from 0 to 100. But that's just an assumption and depends on how your timeline is set up too, which is why a screenshot would help a lot.

HaroldL

Quote from: theAVator on October 16, 2019, 07:42:28 AM
Can you post a pic of the timeline? (can sub in some dummy parts and replicate the animations if you can't show your actual work).

My first thought is that you didn't mention performing an original 100 to 0 fade on the part that you are fading in. So at frame 31 the part you're fading in is technically starting at 100 then immediately fading down to 0, then performing the rest of your fade from 0 to 100. But that's just an assumption and depends on how your timeline is set up too, which is why a screenshot would help a lot.
That's the part I missed. :-[ The reason I have the work area starting at frame 31 is because I have a rotation anim of one part starting at frame 1. Then in the work area the part is rotated to show the motion I needed. Now that you mention it, I should have faded from 100 to 0 ahead of frame 31. That makes sense now because the rendered anim did exactly as you described, it "flashed" on the screen at 100 then went down to 0 and then faded up to 100.
Well, that's a lesson to tuck away for next time.
Thanks for the feedback.

theAVator

No worries. Glad I could help.
Some people on here will say that you can perform a 0 to 0 fade at the beginning, but it tends to get mixed results. some people it works every time, some people it never works and some people see it as a bug if it doesn't work. I just always do a 100 to 0 and clip off that part. If you're clipping off the front anyways for that rotation, you can just drag your fade back 1 frame and it'll be just fine. Or, you could add the 100 to 0 prior to your work area and then leave you current 0 to 100 fade as is.