I need help ... Part 2

Started by designgestalt, October 16, 2019, 09:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

designgestalt

me again ...
not sure if you read my first thread, but I need some urgent help for a running project ...

please take a look at the animation in the link :
https://www.behance.net/gallery/68874625/Nike-Free-Run-with-Future-Deluxe?tracking_source=curated_galleries_list

the background/environment is consistantly changing colors and light intensity...
any ideas on how to create such an effect in Keyshot ?

thanks everybody upfront ...!

cheers
designgestalt

Eugen Fetsch

I would never do this job in KeyShot, if I had access to compositing and effects software like Nuke, Resolve/Fusion or After Effects. Those kind of effects are very cheap to do in post. But If you have to go with KeyShot, try something like in the attachment.

It's a simple rotating emissive plane that has colored noise textures combined with color fade nodes. The opacity is driven by the number fade node. You can go crazy and add as many colors as you wont by adding composite and fade nodes.

RRIS

Yeah no way I'd do that in Keyshot.. any small change request would mean you'd have to re-render that sequence entirely.

Eugen Fetsch

Quote from: RRIS on October 17, 2019, 12:10:12 AM
Yeah no way I'd do that in Keyshot.. any small change request would mean you'd have to re-render that sequence entirely.
Fully agree! But sometimes people can have very limited knowledge in other software and may have just KS for their creative work. If those tricks help - why not ;)

RRIS

Quote from: Eugen Fetsch on October 17, 2019, 12:39:49 AM
Quote from: RRIS on October 17, 2019, 12:10:12 AM
Fully agree! But sometimes people can have very limited knowledge in other software and may have just KS for their creative work. If those tricks help - why not ;)

Yeah in that case just make sure everybody on the team understands that any design change has a big impact and really guard your deadlines. I know how these things go, and in this case I'd probably tell a white lie and say it can't be done without additional software. I've talked myself into a corner a few too many times with such things :)

designgestalt

hello guys,
thanks a bunch for the fast response.
we do have After Effects and Premiere, but as I mentioned animation is not one of my strong assets, so is AE.
I was assuming, it might be a job for AE, but I would have to dig into this, as I wouldn´t know, where to start...
so, composing the background and the KS scene (Alpha) in AE you do not see as a problem?
I am a bit concerned, that I might end up having a small bright rim around the product like what you sometimes have in Photoshop, but at least there I would know how to handle it ...
I will give it a try for sure...!!
thanks pushing me in the right direction!!

cheers
designgestalt

Eugen Fetsch

For the white rim issue try the "Matte Chocker" effect in AE - it may help. But if your brain is AE free now, go for Blackmagic Fusion Studio - you'll love the node based workflow in compositing. I do lot of my PS jobs in Fusion.  ;D

INNEO_MWo

Thank you Eugen. Your help is so much valuable!

Cheers
Marco

Eugen Fetsch

Quote from: MWo on October 19, 2019, 01:09:04 AM
Thank you Eugen. Your help is so much valuable!
Cheers
Marco
Hey Marco, dito!! :)