Gradually turns from opaque to transparent

Started by Zvi, November 03, 2019, 02:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zvi

Is there glass material that gradually turns from opaque to transparent glass?

NM-92

You'll have to use a gradient texture to control the opacity. Can't remember exactly what parameter you have to texture but it can be done.

INNEO_MWo

Hello Zvi, ciao Nico.

I would use a glass material as base and apply a diffuse or slightly rough plastic as label on top.
The opacity from the label can be controlled by a fade texture like Nico mentioned right.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Marco

Zvi

I tried, but  there was no gradient, as you can see in the attached image and ksp file.

TGS808

Try this. It has a multi-material on it with two options. One with Eric's method (map the Diffuse and Specular Transmission channels with Color Gradient nodes) and the other with Marco's idea to use a label controlled by a gradient

Zvi

Quote from: TGS808 on November 07, 2019, 08:38:58 PM
Try this. It has a multi-material on it with two options. One with Eric's method (map the Diffuse and Specular Transmission channels with Color Gradient nodes) and the other with Marco's idea to use a label controlled by a gradient
Magnificent!
How do I turn the gradient so that the white is up and the transparent down? I tried to change the angle and it didn't work.

TGS808

Reverse the positions of the black and white colors in the gradients and then adjust each one so that the transition occurs where you want it to.

Zvi

Quote from: TGS808 on November 08, 2019, 06:56:25 AM
Reverse the positions of the black and white colors in the gradients and then adjust each one so that the transition occurs where you want it to.