Ks9 future requests

Started by syrom, November 06, 2019, 07:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I just want the denoise to work on the normal maps AFTER bump maps are applied. The way it works now, it's just smoothing out any part of the bump map you Told it to do, unless it creates enough contrast that it's leaving some of it.

And yeah, the slider doesn't really do much. It's just transparency. What sucks is the RAW image is WAY different than the render image. So there's not real way to get both a denoised And noisy image rendered at the same time....even though it is rendering the noisy image, then applying the denoise to it. Why can't i just get it to save the image first, THEN do the denoise? lol
That way, if I need some detail back, it's just whipping out a brush and painting on a layer mask to reveal the detail I need.

When you say you have a 6GB scene, do you mean it takes that much memory, or file size? I'd be suprised keyshot isn't using over 32GB of memory on a scene that large.

I also wish keyshot allowed for external referencing. Bring in a model, and it's just one node. You can't edit it, other than maybe change a few things that got allowed to pass through, like changing multimaterial options, or something like that. 3dsMax had that option a while back, before they switched to containers, which are NOT good for people that aren't the game industry. Oh well.

mattjgerard

I just default to using the old Nik denoiser plugins in PS for all my denoising now. I don't see much benefit to the shotgun-on-a-saltine approach the current denoiser in KS takes. At least in PS I can use the clown pass to isolate my denoising.

DerekCicero

I've generated a list of requests for internal review from this thread. Thanks.