Alembic File from Blender - Import Issue

Started by rskmanoj04, November 14, 2019, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rskmanoj04

Hi! I'm trying to make this Paper double folding animation. Though I've succeeded in making the animation in Blender, I'm not able to import the .abc file into KeyShot.

Error that I receive is "Order 4 inconsistent with number of vertices in curves."

Could you please let me know what is wrong in my blend file? Do I have to apply any more modifiers or change any settings?

I've attached both the .blend file and the .abc file below.

Kindly help at the earliest. My Deadline is in 2 days!

Thanks in Advance!

PS. While exporting from Blender I was suggested to uncheck Normals & check Subdiv in a thread previously.

Eugen Fetsch

Looks like a bug or limited functionality in KS (v8.2.80). I was able to import the mesh into MODO 902 (very old version) without issues. 

I would suggest to contact Luxion support for help.

EDIT:
If you need to match the deadline. Render the paper animation in Blender and compose it in post (AE, Fusion, Nuke) into the KS render.

rskmanoj04

Quote from: Eugen Fetsch on November 15, 2019, 12:13:26 AM
Looks like a bug or limited functionality in KS (v8.2.80). I was able to import the mesh into MODO 902 (very old version) without issues. 

I would suggest to contact Luxion support for help.

EDIT:
If you need to match the deadline. Render the paper animation in Blender and compose it in post (AE, Fusion, Nuke) into the KS render.

Thanks for  your quick response.
I've already mailed the same files to Luxion a week ago...

They said "The issue looks to be critical error with inconsistencies with the verts of the curved lines in the model. This unfortunately is not an issue with the rendering software."

Mapping the material, texture, orientation and colour in Blender is going to be a much bigger challenge now. but will give it a try.

In the mean time if someone can give any other advise is also appreciated.

hstokholm

There was (is?) a bug in the way blender exports curves.  If you only need the deformable mesh then you can export with 'Selected Objects only' to avoid including the bezier curves.

Hope that helps :)

rskmanoj04

Quote from: hstokholm on November 15, 2019, 12:49:54 AM
There was (is?) a bug in the way blender exports curves.  If you only need the deformable mesh then you can export with 'Selected Objects only' to avoid including the bezier curves.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you!!!!!! This helped to solve my problem!

Cheers!!!