Main Menu

V10 Viper Engine

Started by feher, October 09, 2011, 04:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Here's a little something I was playing with over the weekend.
Lighting was done in HDRLightStudio 2.0 plug-in for KeyShot.
Rendered in KeyShot of course.
Post work done in Photoshop.
Enjoy
Tim

DanJV

Tim an incredible job as always, the lighting is amazing, I always enjoy seeing your publications.
Enjoyed ;D

PhilippeV8

The background is a bit distracting, but the model-render is awesome !

Good work !

Keep it up.

guest84672

Awesome - is this native CATIA geometry? How many polygons?

feher

Thanks guys !
Thomas it's a Maya model. has about 2 million polys.
Tim

guest84672

Josh3D

Yeah, would love to just see this on a stark whit background with oil smeared across the ground :) ohh, and lightning... nevermind, not with lightning ;-)

Speedster

Hey, Tim- beautiful as always!  Could you do us all a favor and post a screenshot of your HDR LightStudio rig for this shot?  I'm just now doing my first HDRLS rig using the amazing ability to actually go in and modify an existing HDRI- it's crazy fantastic!
Bill G

Tiho Ramovic

feher

Thanks guys !
Josh I'm redoing this with a white background for you. no oil slick. Don't want people to think it's leaking oil...lol
Here is a screne dump of the all white background. Final coming soon.

Bill
Here is a jpeg of the dome. Don't know if it help you. while it might look like bloobs of light. I might have lights on top of each other doing different things. ..etc
At anycase you asked for it so here you go buddy.
Tim

Speedster

Thanks, Tim- perfect.  Just curious what your HDr looked like.  It's actually kind of what I expected, as I saw some "dark light" in there.  It gets even more crazy looking when you start overlaying lamps, like spots with barn doors, and the like.  KeyShot and HDR Light Studio are just a perfect match!
Bill G

guest84672

Excellent, excellent, excellent. Thanks, Tim!!

feher

OK, this is my updated image of the Viper Engine. Nice and big for you guys to see. The model itself is not the best. lots of fillets on the curves. Not as noticeable when smaller...lol
Josh I was going to do the all white background. But, decided to go this route instead. Hope you don't mine.
Used the HDRLightStudio 2.0 plug-in for Keyshot to light this.
Enjoy.
Tim

Chad Holton

Two thumbs up! I'd give it more if I could.  :D

PhilippeV8

I'll borow you mine Chad ... now there's 4 up  :)