Keyshot World 2020!!!!

Started by mattjgerard, November 22, 2019, 01:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

Soooo, I'll go ahead and ask the question- Still happening?

We have had multiple larger events cancel (tradeshows, adobe AEM conference) so, just wondering what the status is. If its cancelled I'm still showing up though, plane and hotel is already paid for :)

Furniture_Guy

Quote from: mattjgerard on February 12, 2020, 01:41:55 PM
Quote from: DriesV on February 12, 2020, 12:34:46 PM
Part of me wants to rent a motorcycle to scoot around town and the wider area, but a less insane part of me tells me that might be a bad idea straight after a long winter pause in Denmark. ???

In any case, I think it's a nice area to explore with a wide range of vehicles.

Dries

Hmm, still have my motorcycle endorsement, that might be a fun option!

Matt,

Don't forget your helmet.

I rode by the hotel on my morning bicycle ride and it was a bit foggy but it's been clearing up by around noon...

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

DMerz III

Well - according the email sent out the other day about the event - it is still on! (Unless they close the airports)

DriesV

As David mentions, we're still on and going strong. 8)
Should there be any change of plans in one way or another, we'll make sure to keep all our attendees updated via email.

See you next week!

Dries

mattjgerard

Thanks everyone, missed the email the other day, glad to hear its still going on!

DetroitVinylRob

I will miss this event and all of you. We had been eagerly anticipating all the possibilities of RW2020. My company just cancelled all travel to California due to the virus. Sooo sad.

DMerz III

:( Facing similar difficulties. Will have to cancel my trip - very sad I won't be able to attend this year. Hoping to see all of you at the next one!

ivuzem

nooo!!!. KS World20 is officially cancelled.  I flew in yesterday so can't really cancel my travel plans... since I will be around at the conference time, anyone interested in a small get together? I was really looking forward meeting some of you guys.
Oh well, Disney is near :D

DetroitVinylRob

Hmmm, as of this moment I have seen no official notice from KeyShot nor Luxion and it appears one can still buy a ticket to the event,
though the optics appear that most public gatherings are being postponed out of an abundance of caution.

*Our support staff just communicated the "official" cancellation. :(

mattjgerard

Quote from: DetroitVinylRob on March 12, 2020, 04:17:24 AM
Hmmm, as of this moment I have seen no official notice from KeyShot nor Luxion and it appears one can still buy a ticket to the event,
though the optics appear that most public gatherings are being postponed out of an abundance of caution.

*Our support staff just communicated the "official" cancellation. :(

Yep, just got the email. Its cancelled. Bummer, but probably the right thing to do.

Eric Summers

Yeah, that's a bummer. Hopefully it'll be able to be rescheduled later in the year, I was looking forward to meeting everyone. :(

DerekCicero

Our sincere apologies for having to cancel the event. Given the fast moving situation, especially with the global travel restrictions being implemented, made moving forward impossible. I will reach out to you directly, ivuzem, to see what we can do.

DriesV

Quote from: ivuzem on March 12, 2020, 01:39:33 AM

Looks like all Disney resorts and parks will be closed as well...

Dries

mattjgerard

Quote from: DriesV on March 13, 2020, 12:12:12 AM

Dries

Daaaang, that's harsh. Looks like whisky bars are the only thing staying open?

The dachshund racing on sunday got cancelled too!!!!! WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!?

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: mattjgerard on March 13, 2020, 06:35:51 AM
Quote from: DriesV on March 13, 2020, 12:12:12 AM

Dries

Daaaang, that's harsh. Looks like whisky bars are the only thing staying open?

The dachshund racing on sunday got cancelled too!!!!! WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!?

Well, I guess everybody is just trying to avoid forcing their health systems to take life and death decisions like China and Italy. https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/15/coronavirus-rationing-us/

Stay safe, all!