Main Menu

duplicate labels

Started by aebstract, October 12, 2011, 07:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aebstract

Just ran in to a situation where this would have been neat. I'm using the same label a few times on the same surface, it would be nice if there was an option I could click to duplicate my first label in place and then move it to where I need. It would be scaled, rotated, etc all the way it needs to be.

guest84672

You mean rather than having to load it several times?

aebstract

Yeah, and set the label up basically. It's not a huge deal but it'd be easier than having to check between the labels several times to get your settings to match exactly. It might not even be a hugely used feature but I could have used it yesterday :P

aebstract

Well, I just ran in to it again.. except this time I wanted to copy to a different surface :P

idesignstuff

I haven't played with labels much yet, but I do have several screen images for LCD's, and I have tweaked them into place, then saved them as a new material. Next time I use that material on a similar model, it drops right into place. Seems like the functionality should be the same for labels. If it isn't at least in 3.0, we can interactively move them around on the surface.