Workspaces on dual monitor

Started by Eric Summers, January 06, 2020, 06:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

KS 9.0.289, Windows 10, Nvidia Quadro P2000 (driver version 436.30).

I have a custom Workspace that has project tabs on my second monitor and whenever I open KeyShot, the windows are not in the correct positions. Even if I move them to the correct positions and pick Apply Changes, the next time I open KeyShot they have reverted to the wrong places. I have even tried creating a brand new Workspace but that did not solve the problem either. All of my Workspaces that are on the main screen only are fine, it is just the ones that use the second monitor that have issues (I don't believe I saw this during the beta).

Sune

This is a bit weird, but I was able to reproduce this until I saved a scene while using the new multi screen Workspace.
After that it opens correctly.

So my question is, have you saved a scene while using that workspace?

mattjgerard

I have found this as well, but never really followed through with troubleshooting, I just reset the workspace from the dropdown and it behaves itself.

Eric Summers

Hi Sune,

I tried creating a new multi screen Workspace this morning and saving a scene while using it but it didn't open correctly when I switched to a different Workspace and back. I also tried creating a Workspace, saving a scene, closing KeyShot and re-opening without luck either. I did this saving an existing scene and saving a new scene with the same result.

Eric Summers

Update:

On a whim, I decided to try re-positioning the windows a little differently and it worked!
I had been moving the Project windows on the second monitor and snapping them to the top left corner of the screen and snapping the Project - Environment to the top of the screen. This time I just moved them close to the corner and the top of the screen and then applied changes. I saved the scene I was working on (not sure if that had any bearing on it working or not) switched to a different workspace and when I switched back to the Dual Monitor workspace and everything was where I had moved it!

Furniture_Guy

Good to know! I always use a dual monitor setup (BenQ SW2700PT).

THANKS!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)