First time interior render

Started by texax, January 11, 2020, 12:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texax

It was time renovate the restroom so it was the perfect opportunity to make a 3D model and try to render interior in Keyshot for the first time. Being in product design I really didn't have any experience with interiors in KS. So I went on drafted the restroom I would like to do, rendered it and sent it to my architect to wrap it up. Mind you it's a draft so 3D models on the scene might be placed roughly but lighting is where KS in Interior Mode really shines. It creates really deep atmosphere, image shown here is with no any retouching including options in KS. Also model was not fully closed since it's a really tight space and jamming camera inside didn't give satisfying views, so I hid the wall and pulled back the cam.

joseph

KeyShot

Looks great. I like the lighting in the scene. Can you say more about the light source configurations? What types of lights are you using?

texax

Quote from: KeyShot on January 12, 2020, 09:44:07 PM
Looks great. I like the lighting in the scene. Can you say more about the light source configurations? What types of lights are you using?

Yeah sure, light configuration represents potential real world solution and these images show two lighting scenarios.

YY is when you open up the doors presence sensor turns on Luz Negra Dublin LED recessed floor profile which runs from the floor onto the facing wall, around the window frame edges and turns right to go behind the oval mirror. I used area lights for all the segments with lux parameters. There is very narrow angle spotlight above the toilet to make the eclipse kind of effect, I was lazy to put any 3D model into the ceiling but it will be there if I can find that narrow light source. In Keyshot I used spotlight for the effect. Hanging lights are there to create mood lighting, they are extremely warm about 2700-3000K. In Keyshot I put emission on the filament of each bulb, duplicated the filament model and turned it into area light, not too bright. And finally there is a cove lighting on two sides of the ceiling, left wall and facing wall, which are also rendered as area lights.

XX scene is full lit scene when you flip the switch. Once you do that cove lighting shuts off and eclipse spotlight shuts off as well. Floor LED profile doesn't change intensity and hanging lights don't change as well although I forgot to turn the area light parts on in XX rendering unfortunately. Ceiling recessed LED profile with LED modules turn on and they are close to neutral or close to 4000K. I used area lights as their light source and cranked up the lumens quite high until I got desired light coverage.