Wish there was a "helper object" for Cylindrical UV Projection

Started by Zander85, October 15, 2011, 11:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zander85

Why is there no helper object when you select cylindrical projection? Because there is no helper object (for example if you are projecting using a cylindrical algorithm there should literally be a wire frame of a cylinder that shows you exactly where keyshot is projecting from). This feature exists in other 3d programs such as 3Ds Max. I have attached a screen shot from max of this particular feature and painted over it in photoshop to help illustrate the feature I am referring to as "helper object" (not sure the correct name for it).

For now I am just playing with the dials to get it to project to the desired position but this is very annoying and I wish keyshot had the "helper object" feature that some other programs such as 3ds max has.  :-[

guest84672

We are still refining and polishing the texture manipulation tool.

Zander85

The way the tool is now, I can't get it to do what I need it to do, (I need to add engraving to the insides of many jewelry rings I will be rendering). I would love to see this tool get some attention. As I can not UV the rings because that would take a lot of time and I only have Matrix 6.3 to work with which does not have UV capabilities.

guest84672