Main Menu

More name template options

Started by andy.engelkemier, February 13, 2020, 06:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I know it could get overwhelming, so maybe these would be optional.
But I'd like to do Samples, Ray Bounces, GI Quality, Shadow Quality, etc.
Samples and Ray bounces are the most important to me. Once a scene is set up, we have to change those Drastically to render the shadows. I want to know if they are changed back. And network render only shows you the number of samples. It doesn't even show you if it's custom or realtime render, Although, you can easily figure that out by just the number of tasks.

Once we submit 96 renders to the farm, it's nice to go through them and double check settings. You could do that based on the names of the files. Currently, once you submit, the only thing you get to see is size, filename, and number of samples. If you forgot to flip it back to custom and it kept 64 samples? You just killed your weekend of renders because you turned a 1 hour render into 12 hours.

If this is a rather simple update, please add it. It will really help production renders.

DMerz III

To piggyback off this idea - I would love the ability to set lighting settings in studios/or also set sample rates.

Some studios might need less samples to get what we need - and others might need more and compositing them together in post.

Would be great to set that ahead of time, especially when tied to an interior mode or product mode (similar to how image styles is an option)

Aeonjoey

I'd absolutely love more settings like these. We routinely do a 'draft' render, e.g. Denoise:On - 16 Samples. just to get something to place, and then make tweaks and then render out a final, i hate having to have them named only by the model set or studio; having more settings like these would really help.