Main Menu

More options for studios

Started by Eric Summers, March 03, 2020, 10:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

It would be awesome to have lighting presets and image aspect ratio as additional options in Studios. I know this has been mentioned before (by Renze and Esben - and possibly others) but as those threads are old, I figured I'd start another one. Trying to queue up a batch of renders where there are different aspect ratios or lighting presets for specific studios gets a bit cumbersome.

(Also being able to specify which options are checked by default when you create a new studio would be nice. I'm super lazy, the less clicks I have to make, the better. ;D)

DMerz III

+1 - especially on the lighting presets - I typically toggle between interior and product mode to get the right look for different parts of a composition. Being able to have this 'saved' for certain studios would be great.

An additional level of control would be saved 'region render areas'. I know that might be a far-cry, but would be amazing, if I have certain studios tweaked to be a patch for a small region of my entire composition - and I don't need to worry about redrawing that region everytime

For example - if I have a patch for the cap on the bottle - which maybe has several multi-materials - would be nice to just have a saved region render area for that studio. Maybe I have a separate studio where I want to region out just the label - seperate region, again, saved, and toggle worthy.

andy.engelkemier

True. Partly because of this, we've just decided to Always plan the entire shot square. No matter what, I just make the render square. You just plan to crop it later. But that completely eliminates Any mistakes. Also every backplate you put in, every screen grab, you don't have to worry much about it because it's easy to crop things or constrain things square.

Oh, it's not a great solution. I'd like this option as well. But since we've been doing that, we kind of like it. Most keyshot renders have no physical environment anyway, so it only really effects the speed of renders that are cropped close up.

Aeonjoey

Quote from: Eric Summers on March 03, 2020, 10:12:22 AM
(Also being able to specify which options are checked by default when you create a new studio would be nice. I'm super lazy, the less clicks I have to make, the better. ;D)

YES! this! I always forget to check the 'Model Sets' image styles checkboxes, and then I'm looking at a crazy angle for another model after clicking another studio. IMHO they should all be checked automatically.

Also wouldn't it be amazing to have model sets in or groups of studios? e.g. this Studio is for these 5 model sets, and this one is for these 3 model sets. to do quick queuing *dreams* lol

Eric Summers

Quote from: Aeonjoey on June 19, 2020, 05:31:05 PM
YES! this! I always forget to check the 'Model Sets' image styles checkboxes, and then I'm looking at a crazy angle for another model after clicking another studio. IMHO they should all be checked automatically.

This is possible now, it was part of the 9.2 update if I'm not mistaken. Click on the Thumbnail Settings icon in the Studios window and check everything in the New Studio Settings.

Aeonjoey

WUT!? Mind blown! just shared this with my team :D Thank you so much!!!
who knew!?