Mauricio Ruiz Design - The ReBreathers - Concept Art

Started by Mauricio Ruiz Design, March 05, 2020, 10:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauricio Ruiz Design

The ReBreathers - Final Concept

Personal Work created in ZBrush and Keyshot. (The Face Guard Cage was created using Blender Modifiers, smoke and liquid sims in Blender as well, which I'll be posting soon.)

The ReBreathers:

Concept of an Alien species that spends most of it's time in a Zero G environment. Having consumed the atmosphere of their planet of origin, they scour the galaxies for gaseous or liquid planets. After extracting the atmospheres or sources of liquid, they manually evolve their genetic makeup to incorporate the new gas / liquid compounds into their biology. By this fashion, they alter their DNA with every new planet they extract from and guarantee a never ending supply of vital, life sustaining resources. Each new substance they adapt to consume, alters their perception, and in turn, their culture.

This character facilitates the role of a scout for it's species; searching out viable planets, preferably without a robust ecosystem of indigenous living organisms, as they can easily consume elements from extreme environments.

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/393171149[/vimeo]

(Having trouble attaching 5 images at 800 KB each at the moment, so I'll post more as soon as that gets worked out.)

Mauricio Ruiz Design

Mauricio Ruiz Design

Head Close up renders.

Mauricio Ruiz Design

Here's some renders of the platform I created for the character.

Mauricio Ruiz Design

The ReBreathers - Smoke Sim / Atmosphere

Personal Work created in ZBrush and Keyshot. I created this smoke using Blender, running a simulation and choosing my favorite frame to import as a Density Texture to Keyshot, using a scattering medium material. Keyshot's scattering medium is a lot of fun to use, but it's still a feature in its infancy, as you cannot overlap different scattering medium parts. Looking forward to the feature becoming more robust so I can create a general atmosphere for an entire scene, then pepper in different gas elements throughout the scene and characters. Easier said than done, of course, and these are pretty heavy scenes to render, so it's a bit much for the common rig to handle.

The ReBreathers:
Concept of an Alien species that spends most of it's time in a Zero G environment. Having consumed the atmosphere of their planet of origin, they scour the galaxies for gaseous or liquid planets. After extracting the atmospheres or sources of liquid, they manually evolve their genetic makeup to incorporate the new gas / liquid compounds into their biology. By this fashion, they alter their DNA with every new planet they extract from and guarantee a never ending supply of vital, life sustaining resources. Each new substance they adapt to consume, alters their perception, and in turn, their culture.

Mauricio Ruiz Design

Some color variations.