Render weekly | Thermometer concept -HealthE

Started by Roshan Hakkim, April 02, 2020, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roshan Hakkim

Sharing the renders churned up from the renderweekly thermometer challenge

HealthE is a digital thermometer which aims at simplifying the experience of taking temperature. Checking temperature can be a simple process and so could the design of the product itself. The intention was for the device to blend in with rest of the person devices and belongings.

A dot matrix UI on the device combined with an emoticon also tries to dial down the medical factor of a thermometer. It envisions checking temperature to be something more like a routine similar to weighing yourself. Comes along with a simple app by which you can track your temperatures, add other symptoms if any along with your medication.

A magnetic charging interface also ensures the device doesn't demand a proprietary cable. The packaging and manual instructions which comes along also poses a vision of certain design winks can actually encourage users to read information.

Roshan Hakkim

And few more

KeyShot

Roshan Hakkim

richardfunnell

Roshan I loved seeing these on IG, every image was a really nice addition! Superb work :)

Roshan Hakkim

Hey Richard! Thanks a lot for the words here as well then. haha.

How can I find you on IG?

Magnus Skogsfjord

Said it before Roshan, but you sure deserve hearing it again: This is really gorgeous work! From design to visuals. Superb!

nicordf

I'm glad I can finally check the high res version of these! I've followed them up close on IG, it is a magnificent product design process and visualization! Fantastic work Roshan!

tomlai

Would liked that there was a flat surface on the cylinder to prevent rolling about. It would have also assisted orientation of instrument (display up) without needing to look. Is the transition from probe to main body too drastic and sharp.

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 05, 2020, 09:34:40 AM
Said it before Roshan, but you sure deserve hearing it again: This is really gorgeous work! From design to visuals. Superb!

Said it before Magnus :0 but will tahnk you again for all the inspirational material and content you keep sharing. Also super happy to bounce off work with you to get your input before finalisation such as the shader ball challenge. Thanks a lot!

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: nicordf on April 09, 2020, 12:57:31 PM
I'm glad I can finally check the high res version of these! I've followed them up close on IG, it is a magnificent product design process and visualization! Fantastic work Roshan!

Hi Nicordf! Thanks for the thumbs up mate. Really appreciate you taking the time in expressing them in words. Sometimes highlighting what aspects of a post people like I feel is super helpful than likes. :)

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: tomlai on April 10, 2020, 01:36:37 AM
Would liked that there was a flat surface on the cylinder to prevent rolling about. It would have also assisted orientation of instrument (display up) without needing to look. Is the transition from probe to main body too drastic and sharp.

Hi tomlai. The anti roll is definitely part of the design of the cap. The nametage doubles as an anti roll. Now the reaosn why this is particularly placed on the cap and not on the body is to encourage users to not leave the thermometer uncapped and unattended. This is all hypothetical ofcourse.

The archetype here aims at taking measurements orally and the length of the spout has been designed to a length which should in theory fit to the needs.

Definitely understand your point about the contrast in form from the body to the spout. But this was a conscious choice again to put forward a design silhouette which forces user to cap it back as much as possible.

Cheers!

theAVator

Very Nice! Cool concept and clean design. I love the textual elements too - made me chuckle (cable spaghetti - I'm gonna work that in to a conversation at some point).

Roshan Hakkim

Quote from: theAVator on April 13, 2020, 08:16:39 AM
Very Nice! Cool concept and clean design. I love the textual elements too - made me chuckle (cable spaghetti - I'm gonna work that in to a conversation at some point).

haha

thanks and glad you dig it.

PS: I try my best not to miss out an opportunity to bring the term into any cable discussions I have with people. Thought it is good to give DFUs a lighter note to encourage them to read.