Random Renders 2020 (+ Maison Fleurence Glasses)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, April 05, 2020, 09:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hi guys,

Haven't posted here in a while, but I've managed to produce a little something during the weirdness of quarantine. Well to be fair, my lifestyle is pretty much like "quarantine" already, so it's not a huge difference. In any case, had a little break from clients to work on my own stuff. Here's a little selection.

Cheers,

Zeltronic

Nice shots ,I  like the light of the under water scene, but I don't know exacly what, but there is something that is not fully working with the submarine , the other shots are pretty nice as usual ....;)

KeyShot

Great work as always Magnus. I really like the lighting in your interior shot.

HermanCarlsson

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it :)

@zeltronic: I agree with you on the submarine. I'm totally way out of my comfort zone on this, so I really didn't know what was missing. I hope to set aside a bit more time for these, so let me know if you notice exactly what's off :)

Ryan Levy

These are all absolutely stunning! Very inspiring work... Now I want to practice my interior rendering.

Josh3D

Love that interior, Magnus! Great to see more of your work here.

Zeltronic

Well magnus I take a look on ref pictures of underwater scene to try to understand what is not working with your submarine, and I will say maybe specular light is the way as well the way caustics are projects on submarine ... But I am not fully sure it needs some work ajustment and test, but I am sure that if you play with your scene you will find the best answer.. :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Zeltronic on April 07, 2020, 01:01:20 AM
Well magnus I take a look on ref pictures of underwater scene to try to understand what is not working with your submarine, and I will say maybe specular light is the way as well the way caustics are projects on submarine ... But I am not fully sure it needs some work ajustment and test, but I am sure that if you play with your scene you will find the best answer.. :)

Yes I did study some underwater photos while doing this, but you are definitely onto something on the caustics. I rendered two passes, and I had to give up on having caustics on the submarine. Just too much noise. I'm sure my setup wasn't as good as it could be. Hope I can carve out some time to do another one maybe.

Thank you Josh and Ryan! Really appreciate hearing that.

NM-92

That interior looks awesome, but i've been hypnotized by that wooden floor man. You nailed it on it's reflections.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thank you Nico! Glad to have your approval :)

Next up is some more Soft Body modeling practice. I'm currently trying to develop a good workflow to fully nail those softies. Still a bit potential to lift it, but happy with the current result. For this exercise I modeled after the actual product that my better half had lying around (she had her bag confiscated for a few days).

I made the base mesh, including straps in Marvelous designer. The hard parts was modeled in NX and brought into the MD sim as garments (except for the lock mechanism that was just a visual ref). Next i took it through blender for refinement - Thickening and minor scupting - before rendering it all in KeyShot.

Cheers,

HermanCarlsson

Great work, that's a beautiful bag  : )

NM-92

Just a +1. Saw it on IG already. Great to see those high res.

KeyShot

Beautiful indeed! And great presentation.

Finema

Awesome! That's great.
How did you make the leather crust on the bridle?